5 Foolproof Makeup Tips When Wearing Your Blue Light Blockers
There was a time when wearing glasses was considered dorky rather than chic. Some even find figuring out which makeup look that goes well with eyeglasses a painful activity and would rather just go with the bare minimum.
Hey girl, you can still nail the “geek chic” look while wearing your Empire & Co. blue light blockers to protect your eyes and combat the effects of prolonged digital device usage. Here are some foolproof tips to help you look gorgeous even with your blue blockers on:
1. Lighten up — You’d think that wearing eyeglasses will cover the dark under eye circles you’ve gained from too many sleepless nights of chasing deadlines. Wrong! Your frames can highlight under-eye discoloration and sometimes cast shadows around the eyes. Applying a yellow-based concealer on the inner eye corner and on dark spots is essential in camouflaging your dark under-eye.
View this post on Instagram
Looks like my already bad habit of being glued to my computer/phone just got that* much serious - finishing off this semester 💪🏼, confident & well prepared! 👇🏼 Being that my world revolves around being digitally based on a desk, being a full time student & a typical millennial whose face is in her phone as soon as she wakes up - I got to collaborate with a really cool brand, @empire.and.co who gifted me with these stylish & most importantly, protective eye wear when I needed it the most & didn’t even know it! 👀 BLUE LIGHT BLOCKING GLASSES! My stress levels, the strain on my eyes, my bad posture & my horrible migraines all have one common denominator - technology! I’ve been working on taking more breaks & discipling my screen times -but this! These babies have changed the game for me. My head feels lighter - I have experienced way less migraines, I sleep better, my eyes no longer strain & I for sure don’t feel as exhausted at the end of my day - can you believe that? Just from protecting my gift of sight - I feel 100% better as a whole ❤️. Check out my stories for a few facts & be sure to check out @empire.and.co for your pair + use KRY15 for 15% off! I’m wearing ‘ambitious’ 👓 ‘Digital detox eyewear, for the next generation of boss babes’ 😏🙌🏼👀 . . #krystlecarrissa #bloggerandherbaes #thursday #empireandco #bluelightblockingglasses #sponsored #blueblockers #empirequeen #digitaldetox #digitalbossbabe #mediatechnology #womeninmedia
2. Play up your eyes — Elaborate eye makeup is nice and all but with the magnifying power of your eyeglasses, it will tend to look harsh and tired on you. Save the dark smokey eyeshadows for when you’re wearing contact lenses. Instead, brighten your eyes with a more neutral palette and a slightly darker hue on the crease for definition. And top it off with a winged eyeliner using tinted eyeliners in navy or copper to add more definition while brightening up the whites of your eyes.
View this post on Instagram
I am living in these blue light blocking glasses from @empire.and.co throughout this #quarantine period. During the day, I stare at a laptop screen and come evening, I am catching up on my favorite tv shows. These blue light blocking glasses are a tremendous help, as they have stopped my headaches and helps me sleep better ever since I have started using them. Love how stylish they are that sometimes, I head out in them just for #style ................................................................................... Check out @empire.and.co and use my code ISH15 for 15% off you purchase!
3. Stay away from falsies or eyelash extensions — There are two things we find annoying with the falsies and eyeglasses combo: (1) the feeling of being poked in the eye each time you blink, and (2) getting smudges on your glasses all day! Rather than lengthening your eyelashes, use a volumizing mascara on the top lashes instead. This will open up the eye area and keep your lashes — the easiest way to define your eyes and make them stand out.
4. Don’t neglect your eyebrows — No one gets a free pass on brow grooming even when you’re wearing your specs. Yes, they may get covered by your glasses but contrary to popular belief, your brows do need a little extra TLC. Your glasses often bring more attention to the eye area and ungroomed eyebrows are a definite no-no. For a perfectly groomed brows, tweeze away strays, comb the hair up and over, and lightly fill in the sparse areas with a brow pencil.
View this post on Instagram
Happy Friday ✨⠀ ⠀ I want to invite you into my personal devotion time today. ⠀ ⠀ As I was reading and journaling, this question came to my mind from the Lord...⠀ ⠀ “What has been tested and what has been restored?”⠀ ⠀ We are all adjusting to this new normal we’ve been thrusted into. And trust me, the Lord wastes nothing. ⠀ ⠀ I believe the Lord wants us to truly hone into⠀ what has been tested in our hearts, and what parts of us have been or is being restored. ⠀ ⠀ The answer to this question for you personally will shed light on what’s to come for you after this global pandemic. It’s a tell-tell sign of what the Lord is preparing you for. ⠀ ⠀ 👉🏽Maybe your thought life has been tested.⠀ 👉🏽Maybe your faith has been tested. ⠀ 👉🏽Maybe your ability to adapt to change has been tested. 👉🏽Maybe what you truly feel about yourself and those around you have been tested. ⠀ ⠀ But...⠀ ⠀ Maybe the Lord wants to or has restored your confidence, your drive, your self-assurance, your dreams, your determination, your clarity, or your dependence on Him altogether 🙌🏽🙌🏽⠀ ⠀ Yes, the Lord wants to reset you and He’s doing this by revealing weak areas of your person. When you give Him that weakness...He can create something beautiful. ⠀ ⠀ Let’s allow Him to do the work internally within us so that He has MANY arrows to shoot out when the time comes. ⠀ ⠀ #HappyFriday #Restored #Testing #Truth #Devotion #Encouragement #Direction #Counselor #LifeCoach #Thoughts #Reflection #Mediation #Journaling
5. Blot away excess foundation — The last thing you want when wearing your glasses is to have your makeup coming off and leaving indents on the bridge of your nose. Don’t you just hate that? We do too! Lift off any excess product with a damp makeup sponge and roll it over the bridge of your nose and along the tops of your cheeks and then finish with a light dusting of powder. This will give you a non-cakey, airbrushed look and will keep your glasses from sticking to your foundation.
The Empire & Co. Team